Fast Frequency Response (Special ADR)
GRIDlink utilizes the power and flexibility of Open ADR 2.0b to execute a rapid response to Under Frequency & Over Frequency using Special Events while also partisipating in Simple Events.
GRIDlink responds to Special Signals from the VTN executing Over or Under Frequency control strategies.
- GRIDlink receives frequency reading every 1 second.
- GRIDlink logs line frequency in the GRIDview Cloud if desired.
- The system monitors both under and over frequency.
- The user can set under and over frequency threshold limits with dead bands.
- If the frequency drops below the threshold, Digital Output 5 will provide a 24VDC output to change the state of a relay to shed load.
- For over frequency, Digital Output 6 can be configured to change the state of a relay to consume energy.
- A timing element requires the frequency go above or below the threshold for a configured amount of time before tripping the relay.
Proven in actual applications by Hawaiian Electric (HECO), Honeywell CPFD US, Honeywell / Pearlstone UK.