Fast Frequency Response
Fast Frequency Response is a software module available to all GRIDlink products.
Used in concert with Open ADR Simple Events
Respond to over or under-Frequency conditions by shedding or consuming loads using the Moderate or High relays for Simple DR.
- GRIDlink receives frequency reading every 1 second.
- GRIDlink logs line frequency in the GRIDview Cloud if desired.
- The system monitors both under and over frequency.
- The user can set under and over frequency threshold limits with dead bands.
- If the frequency drops below the threshold, Digital Output 3 will provide a 24VDC output to change the state of a relay to shed load.
- For over frequency, Digital Output 2 can be configured to change the state of a relay to consume energy.
- A timing element requires the frequency go above or below the threshold for a configured amount of time before tripping the relay.
- A configurable dead band in concert with a configurable time delay will determine when the system will return to normal.
Multiple relay outputs require Model VT-MIPM-135 ADR